Aseprite2Unity is a collection of Unity scripts that import files from the Aseprite Animated Sprite Editor & Pixel Art Tool into your Unity projects.
The goal of Aseprite2Unity is to seamlessly get sprite assets into Unity. Need to make changes to your sprite animations? No problem! Just make edits to your sprite in Aseprite and resave. That’s it.
Aseprite2Unity will perform the following tasks for you, automatically, when (re)importing an Aseprite file:
- Create Unity Sprites for each frame of animation (all blending modes supported)
- Create Animation Clips, grouped by Frame Tags
- Register sprite textures with a Sprite Atlas (optional)
- Attach an Animation Controller Asset (optional)
- Result is a prefab with SpriteRenderer and Animator components filled out.
With Aseprite2Unity you no longer need to fuss with Unity’s Animation View every time you make a change to your sprite animations - a huge time saver!